Monday, December 27, 2021

Summer Learning Journey - Activity 32 - Cicada sound - Kickstart

Kia Ora Bloggers,


I hope you guys are well. For today task we have to do another blog post on a different aspect of a cicada. I now want to share with you guys a little bit about what I found out from the article I had read.

Only male cicada's sing. Did you know that? They mostly sing as a love song to the female cicada's. These are ribbed membranes on each side of the base of a cicada's abdomen. When the muscle is relaxed the tendon get back on point.

Here is my drum music:

Have a great day
Bye

1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora Asmah,

    My name is Zana and I am a blog commenter from the summer learning journey.

    I really enjoyed watching this video because you introduced the activity well, explained how you made your instruments and then played some cool beats! I think the sound is very similar to a drum.

    What would you change about your instrument to make it sound different?

    Keep up the good work and I hope to see more of your posts during the Summer Learning Journey!!

    Ngā mihi nui,
    Zana Yates

    ReplyDelete