Friday, January 14, 2022

Summer Learning Journey - Activity 76 - Make a musical Instrument

 Kia Ora Bloggers,


We are back with another Nanogirl task! I made an xylophone and also filled up glasses with different amounts of water in each ones. I liked the sound that the glasses made. I could not hear the xylophone to well. I could hear the sound of both though. What is a sound? A sound is a vibration that wiggles the air molecules into our ears so we can hear it.

Anyways here is my screencastify.



Have a great day!
Bye.

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Asmah!


    Chris here from the Summer Learning Journey, again!

    Tēnā koe for completing another task, did you enjoy it? I can definitely hear the difference! You’ve actually created a “xylophone” with the glasses of water. That’s exactly how a xylophone works: sounds changing based on the size and weight of the “key,” the keys in this case being the glasses. So, you’ve got that right! I don’t think paper makes for a great musical instrument, so I wouldn’t worry about that other instrument not sounding like much! Have you every played an actual xylophone?

    I’m looking forward to seeing what else you post in the final week, next week!


    Ngā mihi,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ka pai Asmah. Thanks for writing a good introduction about sound and then explaining your mahi on your video. Your tune reminded me of twinkle twinkle little star. I wonder how many more glasses you'd need to be able to create it?

    ReplyDelete