Sunday, January 2, 2022

Summer Learning Journey - Activity 56 - Build a Boat - Step it up

 Kia Ora Blogger,


Happy New Year!! We are finally in 2022 and going to be starting school next month. I have caught up with the activities I have not done and am super happy. For this task we had to measure how far our boats could go. It was the same as last time. I used 2 Fizzy drink cans, 1 foam container, 1 Skewer and put it all together with tape.

It all worked out and there was no changes needed. I went so fast. I did it on screencastify. I like how it turned out and it floated for about 30 minutes then it sank because the water went inside the cans. I only took the video for a short time.

Anyway here is my screencastify.



Have a great 2022.
Bye.

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Asmah!

    It's Ruby here, a volunteer commenter from SLJ. This is such a cute looking boat, I love it! It kind of reminds me of a big steamroller with massive wheels.

    Great you are experimenting with screencastify. Did you speed this video up? If not, I'm surprised the boat is moving so quickly on the water. I wonder how long it would survive out in the open water, on a lake or something.

    Do you think that you will make another boat and if so, what changes would you make to it? I've seen a couple of boats now on SLJ, it would be awesome if somehow we could see them all race each other.

    Keep up the great experimentation and happy new year!

    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora Asmah,

    My name is Zana and I am a blog commenter from the summer learning journey.

    I think you answered my questions from your last post about how you could improve your boat as you say there are no changes needed.

    Great to see it floated so well and even moved around with the wind. What do you think you could change to prevent it from sinking?

    Keep up the good work and I hope to see more of your posts during the Summer Learning Journey!!

    Ngā mihi nui,
    Zana Yates

    ReplyDelete