Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Summer Learning Journey - Activity 1 - Poetry slam - Kickstart

Morena Bloggers

I hope you have been having a wonderful week. YAY! we are nearly at the end of school in 2021, which means the summer learning journey has officially started. I am really looking forward to this as I want to complete as many activities as possible, Share my learning with all my viewers and also visit other blogs and leave positivity behind too.  

Today's activity was to  share what a poetry slam is and have ideas for my future poetry slam. I want to also share with all of you guys what a poetry slam is. A poetry slam is a competition, performance or an audience to say a poet.

It normally has a meaning behind it. It originated in the 1980's in Chicago (Illinois) when Mark Kelly Smith thought that poetry reading had lost it's true passion and decided to bring it back to the people.

Here is the slide.

.


Hope you liked my blog post
Feel free to leave a comment and I will reply to them ASAP 
Blog ya later alligators.
Bye


2 comments:

  1. Kia Ora

    Asmah

    It is Great to see that you are engaging with the Summer Learning Journey. I really enjoyed your slide show presentation and I can see that you have put a lot of effort into creating it- Well Done. I was really impressed by the inspirational images that you have chosen. They really remind me of summer time, especially the awesome butterflies and the ice-cream.

    It was really good to see that you were able to identify key characteristics of a poet such as their enthusiasm and that rhythm was also very important. I think the most important thing is that poets enjoy using words to make people smile or think about summer. The Best part is that anyone can be a poet! I am looking forward to the poetry that you may create in the future and hopefully you got some awesome ideas from this task.

    Do you think poets need a lot of practice?

    Keep up the Amazing work and I hope to see more of your posts during the Summer Learning Journey!!

    Ngā mihi,
    Quein

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete