Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Sumer Learning Journey - Activity 85 - Kōwhaiwhai - Kickstart

 Kia Ora Bloggers,


This task was in Maori which was hard to understand but I managed to translate it for myself. We had to create koiri and koru. I have drawn things similar so I really enjoyed this activity. I did this activity on paper. I used some coloring pencils to give it a tint of color. This is a traditional Maori artwork that is very unique and beautiful if I say so myself. I did not use summer colors on the first one because I found out after I made it. I did make the second one with summer colors.

Here is my Koru and Koiri designs:

















Hope you like them.

Bye.

2 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Asmah,

    My name is Zana and I am a blog commenter from the summer learning journey.

    I think your drawings look amazing and I like the use of colour on both of your art.

    koiri and koru are both beautiful designs used in the kowhaiwhai pattern which hold a lot of significance in Māori culture, the koiri is a symbol of self reflection and nurturing and the koru which is inspired by the curling fern symbolises the way in which life both changes and stays the same.

    Have you seen these patterns used before in your classroom or community?

    Keep up the good work and I hope to see more of your posts during the Summer Learning Journey!!

    Ngā mihi nui,
    Zana Yates

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ata mārie Asmah!


    Chris here again, from the Summer Learning Journey. Thank you for making it to the LAST DAY of the SLJ! Ka pai!

    Tēnā koe for completing the Kо̄whaiwhai Kick Start activity! Even better hearing that you enjoyed it! Love both of these, especially the fact that you did one as a drawing and the other as a painting! Which style of art do you prefer? Also, pai mahi on translating te reo for this activity, even though it was difficult.

    Just having a look through some other posts of yours now, look out for those comments soon!


    Ngā mihi,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete